Chapter 2 - Highlights
A visual accompaniment to an in-person workshop, "Building Your Microsoft 365 Training Program From The Inside" at the Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference (Spring 2021)
Sean Bugler | @sbglr | June 11, 2021, 9:00AM PSTImage courtesy of Windows | unsplash.com
How would you describe what an organizational training program is?
- Should present best practices, and security of company IP/PII
- Well structured, and oriented towards specific job roles
- A way to encourage changes in behavior (e.g., more productive, use more of the available tools)
- Teach people how to be self-sufficient
You can't have best practices without practice
To you, what are the core "must-have" components of a training program?
- Informative and entertaining/engaging
- A variety of ways to engage/learn (e.g., handouts AND videos, podcast)
- Remote-friendly options, Flexible
Have you personally benefited from an organization training program? What was valuable to you? What stands out?
- Feeling invested in (personally and professionally), supported by an organization
- Someone leading the program, evangelizing and garnering excitement
- Long-term engagement (not just one-and-done) and other ways of making these efforts feel like a "team-effort"
- Gamifying and other milestone achievements